Albertville First UMC was originally Jones Chapel Methodist Episcopal Church and was established in 1856, before the town of Albertville was officially organized. In 1895, the first one-room structure of the church was built. Shortly after it was destroyed by a windstorm.
A new Structure was completed in 1899 while under the pastorate of R.E. Tyler. By 1940, what is now the main building housing the sanctuary and educational classrooms was completed, and the church changed its name to Albertville First United Methodist Church.