The Children’s Place
“Teaching God’s Little Children for 10 Years!”
What a GREAT time to Enroll! (256) 894-4600
Statement of Purpose
The Children’s Place Christian Child Development Center is a Christian, faith-based ministry of First United Methodist Church, Albertville. The Center strives to have a program which is inclusive, culturally diverse and designed to meet the needs of the church members and community. All persons, regardless of race, creed or faith, are welcomed to participate in our program.
Consistent with the Mission Statement of First United Methodist Church, the goal of The Children’s Place Christian Child Development Center is to be a place where:
- all families are welcomed, valued and encouraged to be a part of the community
- children experience and learn to share the love of God with others in a cooperative spirit of concern for others and the world in which they live
- children are encouraged to discover their God given gifts
Full Day Program-open 6:30am-6:00pm
Secure Environment- Code needed to enter
2 Snacks and Lunch Per Day
The Center is dedicated to ensuring the quality of children’s daily experiences in early childhood programs and promoting positive outcomes. The curriculum utilized by our Center is Creative Curriculum. This program is congruent with NAEYC objectives and criteria. The program provides opportunities for teachers to include concepts and activities that foster children’s social, emotional, physical, language, and cognitive development. Above all, the goal of the program is for each child to be challenged and happy in a nurturing environment conducive to learning. Biblical-based stories and songs are used daily. Preschoolers and three year old children participate in chapel at least once a month.
Each class has a daily schedule that is flexible, yet predictable. It is a blend of large group, small group, child-initiated learning, creative self expression, and outdoor activities. Individual needs of children are always the priority.
Time is provided for children to play alone, with other children and in small groups. Children may choose many of their own activities and learn through organized play. Teachers facilitate children’s learning by encouraging involvement, asking open-ended questions, observing social interaction, and extending the learning experience. There is a strong emphasis on literacy. Children have many opportunities to be read to in an engaging manner in group or individualized settings.
The Center offers a variety of enrichment programs as a vital component of the overall curriculum. Literacy is emphasized through the preschoolers weekly trip to the library for story time. Music is taught in both the three and preschool classes. Age appropriate field trips are organized to extend the learning outside the classroom to other venues in the surrounding community.
Our curriculum is comprehensive, developmentally and age appropriate, and is coupled with challenging experiences that make it an optimum learning environment.
Admissions, Fees, and Tuition
Admission to The Children’s Place Christian Child Development Center is open to children ages 6 weeks through 5 years of age, regardless of race, sex, religion, or national origin. Services are provided for families who need full day, five day a week care. Siblings of children currently enrolled and church members are given priority.
Fees and Tuition:
- Registration Fee: At the time of enrollment, a non-refundable deposit of $60.00 is required.
- Supply Fee: Preschool, four year olds and three year olds pay a $40.00 supply fee per semester. Toddlers and Two Year Olds pay a $30.00 supply fee per semester. The supply fee is due prior to or with the first tuition payment of the new semester.
- Tuition: For parents paying monthly tuition: The tuition is due the last Friday of the previous month. A late fee of $5.00 per day will be charged if the tuition is not paid by the third working day of the month. For parents paying weekly tuition, the tuition is due the Friday before the current week. A late fee of $5.00 per day will be charge if the tuition is not paid by Wednesday of the current week.
- The Tuition Schedule:
- Infant I- $115 per week/ $498 per month
- Infant II- $115 per week/$498 per month
- Toddler’s and Young Two’s- $110 per week/ $477 per month
- Three’s- $105 per week/$455 per month
- Fours/Preschool- $95 per week/$412 per month
- After school care – $50 per week
A child develops mentally, physically, spiritually, socially and emotionally. We are committed to providing age appropriate experiences to allow each child to progress in these areas at his/her own level of ability while enjoying feelings of success.