Children’s Place Statement of Purpose
The Children’s Place Child Development Center is a Christian, faith-based ministry of Albertville First United Methodist Church. The center strives to have a program which is inclusive, culturally diverse, and designed to meet the need of the community. All persons, regardless of race, creed, or faith are welcomed to participate in our program.
Consistent with the mission statement of our church, our goal is to be a place where:
- All families are welcomed, valued, and encouraged to be a part of the community.
- Children experience and learn to share the love of God with others in a cooperative spirit of concern for others and the world in which they live.
- Children are encouraged to discover their God-given gifts.
Children’s Place Philosophy
We believe we have a responsibility to create an environment that enables each child to develop a love of learning and abilities necessary for him or her to be successful. We believe this goal is best accomplished by:
- Treating each child with dignity and respect in a safe, child-centered environment;
- Creating a partnership with each child’s family allowing open communication among all stakeholders;
- Offering a broad, challenging, developmental-appropriate curriculum;
- Fostering an ethic of social responsibility among our children, and striving for diverse teacher and student body to encourage respect towards one another.
***Admission to Children’s Place is open to children ages 6 weeks to 5 years old, regardless of race, sex, religion, or nationality. Services are provided for families who need full day, five day a week care. We are open from 6:30am – 6:00pm Monday through Friday. For cost and other details, please call the Children’s Place at 256-894-4600.
Children’s Place Contacts
Address: 204 Madison Street, Albertville, AL 35950
Pastor, Albertville First United Methodist Church